Awards and Recognitions
Padma Shri awarded to the Director in recognition of exceptional and distinguished service in the field of Medicine, Government of India
- Felicitation of the Deputy Director and the Chief Administrative Officer at the Annual Conference of
The Food Grains Merchant Association, Silchar
- Felicitation of the Chief Administrative Officer by Eid Samilani, Silchar
- Participation of the Deputy Director of the hospital in the Annual Head and Neck Conference at Taiwan organized by the Taiwan Head and Neck Cancer Society
- “Ideal Award 2019” for social service to the Chief Administrative Officer from Ideal English School Committee, Katigorah
- “For the Sake of Honor” award to the Director for hard work and vision in demonstrating the transformations that can be engendered in cancer and rural healthcare, Rotary Club of Madras
- Award to the Director for distinguished community service, Sundaram Medical Foundation, Dr Rangarajan Memorial Hospital, Chennai
- Dr. M.C. Pant Oration by the Director at the 31 st Annual Conference of U.P. Chapter of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (UPAROI), Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Presentation by the Director on “Making Healthcare Affordable,” as faculty at the General Management Program for Healthcare Executives (GMHE Program), Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore)
- “Lift me legend” award to the Director to celebrate a lifetime of selfless work making world class cancer care accessible to the last person in the queue and for epitomizing service in its truest sense, Max Cancer Congress, Max Institute of Cancer Care, Max Healthcare, New Delhi
- Inspirational talk by the Director on “Be the change you want to see in this world” and honour for the service to society at “Reflections 2019 “ the Annual Conference of Cannanore Obstetric & Gynaecological Society, Kannur
- The third annual Surgical Oncology Chair oration at and citation and medal in recognition of his academic excellence, community service and exemplary clinical and scientific contributions in the field of surgical oncology as an expert and architect in various related work in the country from Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Manab Ratna Award to the Director for selfless service to the society, Bharat Sevashram Sangha (N.E. Region), Guwahati awarded at Silchar
- Felicitation of the Deputy Director and Head, Surgical Oncology by “Shagnik”, a socio-cultural organization, Hailakandi, for his outstanding contribution to cancer treatment in the Barak Valley
- Felicitation of the Chief Administrative Officer for his service in cancer treatment by “Shagnik”, Hailakandi
- Selection of the Administrative Officer and the Field Investigator, Department of Epidemiology and Tumor Registry, amongst applicants, to participate in a one year course “KEVAT – An Advanced Diploma in Patient Navigation” offered by Tata Memorial Center, Mumbai, in collaboration with Tata Institute of social sciences, Mumbai and supported by Tata Trusts, Mumbai
- The American Academy for Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) International Physician Scholarship to the Head of the Department, Pain and Palliative Care and his participation in the Annual Palliative Care Assembly in U.S.A.
- Participation of the Deputy Director and the Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology in the National Cancer Institute (NCI) Summer Curriculum courses on “Principles of cancer prevention and control” and “Molecular prevention” in U.S.A.
- Felicitation of the Head of the Department of Pain and Palliative Care and the Chief Administrative Officer by Rotary Club, Silchar, on World Humanitarian Day
- Participation of the Director in the World Cancer Congress of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) in Malaysia
- Participation of the Deputy Director and the Head of the Department of Surgical Oncology in the Asia-Pacific Course and Symposium on Cancer Prevention and Control in China
- Dr. B. Krishnaraj memorial oration at and Scroll of honour to the Director from Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore
- Dr. K.V. Thiruvengadam Award to the Director for excellence in medical service to the community, Chennai
- An award to the hospital from P.K. productions, Silchar for extraordinary treatment services to poor cancer patients and for a clean and neat campus
- The Rotary Vocational Excellence Award to the hospital doctors and staff from the Rotary Club of Green Land Silchar for outstanding service in the field of cancer treatment and prevention
- A poster presentation by a Junior Research Fellow and the Head of the Department of Molecular Oncology at the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) annual meeting 2017, U.S.A.
- The National Oral Healthcare Sushruta Award to the Director from the Indian Dental Association to recognize excellence in the field of oral health, New Delhi
- An award to the Director from State Bank of India on its Foundation Day to acknowledge his contribution to the field of social work, Guwahati
- Felicitation of the Director by Keshav Smarak Suravi at Arogya Mitra Samilan, Silchar
- Award for excellence in the field of oncology in 2016 to the Director from NEEDS, Guwahati
- Dr. Kuppuswamy oration at and Citation of honour to the Director from Basavatarakam Indo-American Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Hyderabad
- The Telegraph “True Legend” award 2016 Northeast to the Director in recognition of the outstanding achievements and contributions towards society, Guwahati
- “Employee of the month” for March 2015 to a Resource Manager in the category of the social worker for the palliative care project by Jiv Daya Foundation, U.S.A.
- Felicitation of the then Administrative Officer (now the Chief Administrative Officer) by Silchar Human Rights Organization on International Human Rights Day.
- North East India Emarat-E-Shariah and Nadwatut Tameer, Maulana Abdul Jalil Choudhury Memorial Award 2015 to the Director for outstanding contribution to the nation as a social worker and cancer specialist, Badarpur